Employment law is a complex field in which complicated issues often arise. Whether it is sensitive management matters, ongoing advice to HR, business transfers, restructuring and downsizing, or when conflicts arise in the workplace, it can be challenging for both employees and companies to navigate constantly changing regulations.
Our employment lawyers have extensive experience of assisting in all types of cases relating to working life, both for employers, labour organisations, employees and unions. We have broad expertise in advice, negotiations and dispute resolution, and we regularly prosecute in the courts. Most cases are still resolved out of court.
We work closely with our clients and many use us as a sparring partner to discuss HR-related questions. Certain employment law issues require lawyers with other expertise, for example in M&A, company law, global mobility, or tax and VAT. We are organised to work interdisciplinary, which means that our clients receive the best available expertise at all times.
Our lawyers are sought-after speakers, and hold regular courses and webinars on topics regarding employment law.
Brækhus has a strong international presence. Through our memberships in the international lawyers’ networks Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, Andersen Global and Crowe Global, we are able to assist our clients across national borders.
Brækhus is recommended within Employment by Legal 500.
Quick and swift response. Knowledgeable. Very practical solutions and support.client testimonials, lEGAL 500
Examples of what we do
- Employment contracts
- Resignations, dismissals and terminations
- Change processes, restructuring and downsizing
- Reporting, reporting routines and reporting representatives
- Harassment and #MeToo
- Difficult personnel matters
- Fact-finding and investigation
- Non-compete clauses
- Business transfer
- Personnel handbook preparation
- International employment conditions
- Work and residence permits
- Control measures and privacy
- Working environments, working hours and HSE
- Hiring/leasing of labour
- Tariff issues, including negotiations, strikes and conflict
- Relations with public authorities (Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority, Norwegian Data Protection Authority etc)