Kristin Hegstad is the head of the Brækhus division of family law and inheritance. She has extensive experience as a legal advisor in areas of inheritance planning, inheritance settlements, as well as financial settlements between spouses after separation or divorce.
Kristin also has considerable litigation experience. She has litigated a large number of cases before Norwegian courts of law, and has been given admittance to the Supreme Court of Norway. She has also been appointed a trustee in bankruptcy by the Oslo District Court.
She is a very popular lecturer and course instructor, and she teaches at University of Oslo, Faculty of Law.
|2011||Partner, Brækhus Advokatfirma|
|1997 - 2011||Partner, Advokatfirmaet Bjerknes, Wahl-Larsen|
|1992 - 1997||Partner, Advokatfirmaet Meltvedt Komnæs & Co.|
|1989 - 1992||Lawyer, Advokatfirmaet BA-HR|
|1988 - 1989||Deputy Judge, Midhordland sorenskirverembete|
|1986 - 1988||Associate, Advokatfirmaet BA-HR|
- Lecturer and external examiner, University of Oslo, Faculty of Law
- Lecturer and external examiner, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergen
- Board of Director, The Norwegian Bar Association, District of Oslo
- Board of Director, Marexim AS
- Board of Director, Vestfjorden Avløpsselskap AS (VEAS)
|2004||Admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court|
|1988||Lawyers' practising certificate|
|1985||Master of Laws, University of Oslo|